Ethio-American Doctors Group (EADG) has launched a webinar series to discuss on the COVID-19 pandemic
The international devastation caused by COVID-19 has been catastrophic. As we are witnessing high income countries struggle to contain and control the pandemic, it is troubling to think of the damage it may cause to low income countries. The sweeping measures taken by the Ethiopian Government are encouraging, but similar to high income countries, Ethiopia will experience limited availability of personal protective equipment and testing kits.
Ethio-American Doctors Group (EADG) has launched a webinar series that connects Diaspora healthcare academics and specialists who are currently managing the disease burden to local healthcare professionals in Ethiopia to discuss the pandemic. We encourage you to participate in the eight scheduled upcoming live webinar sessions since April 6/2020 at 9 O’clock Ethiopian local time, which you can access from your computer or phone. The webinar sessions are intended for:
- Health Care professionals who will be in direct contact with COVID-19 patients;
- Leaders in healthcare institutions; and
- Leaders among regional health bureaus.
How to access the Webinar:
- Prior to the meeting, download the Zoom application from your computer or phone.
- You will receive an email invitation link from Zoom to join the meeting.
- You will need to have internet access to join the meeting – preferably a strong connection.
- As soon as you join the meeting, please mute your microphone.
- As soon as you join the meeting, please select the audio only function, do not use video.
- If you have a question during the meeting, please use the chat function.
- Each webinar presentation will last 30-40 minutes, followed by a 20-minute Q&A.
- The platform can handle up to 500 attendees, please feel free to share the link (https://zoom.us/j/525778348) with colleagues.
- The webinar will be held over a period of eight (8) days at 3PM in the afternoon local time (Ethiopia). The first webinar will be on Friday April 3. The webinar will continue on Monday thru Friday April 6-10, and then Monday thru Wednesday April 13-15. For more information, please review the attached “EADG COVID-19 Webinar Information (Schedule, Presenters, Course Titles, and Objectives)”.
Presenter biographies are attached in the “COVID-19 Webinar Presenters” document.
The presentation material is attached as “COVID-19 Webinar Slides - EADG”.
To Join, simply click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/525778348