The eService system is designed to provide a common platform for online transactional services. Using the system, government organizations render electronic public services to citizens, non-citizens, businesses, and governmental and non-governmental organizations. The Ethiopian Midwives Association is a pioneered civil society organization to start this online service. Midwives and other customers wherever they are could get online services rather than coming physically to the head office which takes days and need budget. A customer should login using his/her account or can register to the system to get a user account and continue with his/her application. After locating the electronic form for a particular service for instance membership, the midwife fills out all mandatory fields, uploads documents, and submits the request. After submission of a request, the system generates automatic application reference number for the customer for to track their application status. The tracking number is used to track the status of the user applications, taking appointments for visit, and also is used to submit any additional supporting documents and information that has been requested by the service provider (EMwA) in the middle of the process so as to finalize the service provision. Membership registration and renewal, CPD accreditation service, registration to attending event or survey and reporting of CPD providers and courses are among the services planned to be live.
Midwives, midwifery students and health professionals are eligible to join EMwA as a member. With over 5000 members, our members are entitled to receive:
- Access to EMwAs exclusive annual program
- EMwA research and publications
- Professional development training courses
- Opportunities to participate in international and national conferences and seminars
- Access to a large Midwifery network
- Mentorship Programs
- Eligibility to vote in EMwA elections (midwives only) and participate in the General Assembly
- Invitations to participate in International Day of Midwives celebrations
There are 6 membership categories:
- Regular Membership: For professional qualified Midwives.
- Associate Membership: For health professionals other than Midwives and foreigners.
- Honourable Membership: For organizations/people that have made an outstanding contribution to the health sector.
- Lifetime Membership: For midwives with at least 5 years experience.
- Institutional Membership: For any institution that is committed to maternal health.
- Student Membership: For Midwifery students
To become a member please contact us via our email form.
Or contact your local chapter office representative.